Catchphrases like “youthful appearance”, “more radiance” or “firmer skin” entice us to buy care products.
There are countless products on the market from different providers. All of them promise the perfect solution for your skin.
Various creams and serums are meant to give your skin a gentle melting texture, improved tonicity or enhanced elasticity. Each care line therefore has a different focus.
What is the focus of the various brands?
There are brands built around “stem cell therapies”. An enrichment of peonies, Madonna lily and jasmine is said to activate the body’s own skin stem cells.
As the engine of the cells, these stem cells have a positive effect on the skin, and plump up the skin together with a special lipopeptide and hyaluronic acid.
Other care products rely on “new plant technology” in their cosmetics. They enrich their creams with “alfalfa extract”, which is rich in amino acids, vitamins and trace elements. Its effect most closely resembles that of vitamin A.
This is said to boost the production of collagen and improve skin density.
Still other products focus on extracts of the blossoms of the “horse-chestnut”, which promote the supply of micronutrients and thereby enhance the skin’s “glow”.
Emphasis is often placed on the effect of “brown algae”, which is meant to strengthen the skin. Originating in Japan, this algae provides the skin with minerals and trace elements and significantly regenerates skin cells.
Plant-based oils promote elasticity and nourish the skin. The extract of the “astragalus root” offers protection against harmful environmental factors.
An exquisite product enriches its serums with “black diamond truffle”. Together with a special technology, this is meant to boost the skin’s collagen content and refine the complexion.
Still other brands use the healing effect of “aloe vera” plants to rehydrate dry skin.
It isn’t hard to see that the individual care products are capable of a great deal. The ways they function are sophisticated and verified.
But how can you know whether a care line even contains what it promises?
Or better yet: Which care line is suitable for which skin type?
Which of these brands is the right product for you now?
Tips for the right buy
- Seek advice from professionals. This will help you to navigate this jungle of products successfully.
- Read up on the product.
- Where does the product originate?
- What ingredients does it contain?
- Have harmful substances such as silicones, PEGs, mineral oils etc. been intentionally avoided?
- Look for a product that suits your personal needs: dry skin, oily skin, problem skin/acne skin. For each problem, there are special products with specific ingredients.
- Test the products for a few days and also let your feelings guide you: How does the product feel? Is there any redness or irritation?
- What must the product do for you personally? Tightening, wrinkle correction, anti aging, refinement of the skin structure, rehydration?
Skincare should become a routine and be fun at the same time.
You should feel good afterwards, your skin should look smoother and firmer, and your face should shine in all its splendor. A lasting effect is only achieved through regular use.